At ESS, superior function comes standard. The ESS Crosshair™ exceeds ANSI Z87.1 optical standards and U.S. Military impact requirements while providing all-day comfort and a universal fit. This entry-level eyeshield goes well beyond the basic necessities of eye protection: with a baseline of advanced performance and superb adaptability, the Crosshair™ benefits from complete compatibility with the ESS Cross-Series™ eyeshield platform.
As part of the ESS Cross-Series™, the Crosshair™ can be upgraded at any time with premium anti-fog Crossbow® lenses, including the high-impact Polarized Gray option. It can also be adapted for use under hearing pro and comms gear with ESS’ ultra-thin Suppressor™ frames.
With the Crosshair™ and Cross-Series™, ESS has bridged the gap between price and premium performance. Now, more than ever, your eye pro kit can match your mission requirements, and your budget.
- Experience the Tri-Tech Fit™ frame that achieves an amazing universal fit with max comfort and zero pressure points. Optimal stability is attained by balancing weight evenly throughout the frame.
- When you're ready to switch lenses, the innovative DedBolt™ Lens Lock pivots up for easy release, then clamps down for rock solid retention under impact.
- As you stare down your objective through ESSOPTICS™, you'll experience distortion-free optical precision throughout the entire field of view.
- The ESS Cross-Series™ is a revolutionary new systems approach to ballistic eye protection. This fully cross-compatible eyeshield platform includes three products: the entry-level Crosshair™ with core performance, the elite Crossbow® with premium anti-fog / anti-scratch lenses, and the adaptable Suppressor™ for use with hearing protection. All Cross-Series™ components and accessories can be interchanged between these three eyeshields. Engage. Adapt. Excel.
As part of the ESS Cross-Series ™ eyeshield platform, all Crossbow® components are compatible and fully interchangeable with the ESS Crosshair™ and ESS Suppressor ™. For example, you can upgrade a Crosshair™ to premium Crossbow® anti-fog lenses--including ANSI-rated Polarized--or adapt for hearing protection use with the ultra-thin Suppressor™ frame.
- Crosshair Eyeshield with black frame & nosepiece
- 2.6mm polycarbonate Clear, Yellow and Smoke Gray Lens
- Snap-on elastic retention strap
- Zippered hard case
- Microfiber pouch
- EN 166 FTKN
- ANSI Z87.1 - 2003
- ANSI Z87.1 - 2010
- MIL-PRF-31013 (Clause 188.8.131.52)
Established in 1998, ESS (Eye Safety Systems, Inc.) creates advanced eye protection systems for military, law enforcement, fire/rescue and shooting sport markets. ESS is the only authorized eyewear provider to the United States Marine Corps, is a leading supplier to all other branches of the U.S. DoD, and is sold in over 100 countries. ESS proudly stands behind its products with unparalleled sustainment programs and industry-leading customer service.
ESS is headquartered in Hailey, Idaho, and its ISO 9001:2008 certified U.S. factory is located in Foothill Ranch, California. ESS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oakley, Inc.